Monday, May 17, 2010

I am currently on the crapper… Please leave a message…

image Voice Mail for Real Estate?  It is necessary, because when we are with clients in meetings or showing properties I definitely consider it rude to answer the phone.  Our clients deserve our 100% attention.

But I want my greeting at our business offices very short, concise and to the point. 

I want to let the caller know that they have called the right place and it was not a misdial.  I then want to inform them I think Voice Mail sucks, but we have no choice at the time they called.

Thirdly – I want to advise the caller we will return or call them back as soon as possible.

How is that?   Less that 40 words, or there about.  But you will notice if you call around to other agents you might get the “schedule” voice mail.  I return calls between 1 and 2 and again from 6 to 7, that means that agent never answers their phone. 

How about the VM that says we are tied up with clients or finding buyers for our sellers and sellers for our buyers.  Why not just say all of the possibilities – including being on the “john”.  But I digress.

I have had it taught in some of the time management classes to “always return calls”, never answer them.  But what about someone like our team, that do our best to pick up the phone, if we know the number or if we know for sure it is not a “sales” call from a Real Estate vendor of some type.

Here is the bottom line – there are indeed sometimes that we will not be able to answer the phone.  But we try to answer it most of the time.  We are The Paris911 Team and we are Real Estate Head Quartered in the Santa Clarita Valley serving the surrounding communities.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment