Thursday, October 8, 2009

Where does that leave Blogger – Google’s Blog Platform??

I love Social media.  I love to train and educate other Realtors and Real Estate agents.

I was in the RE/MAX of Valencia Office on Dickason Drive in Valencia CA, when one of the Licensed leasing agents from SCVLeasing came into the computer room, introduced herself and wanted to ask me some questions.

We talked about what her Team leader was doing and was not doing with Social media, Blogging and what other resources that The Paris911 Team finds valuable.

I introduced her to Twitter, 12Seconds, and my views with Facebook and Fan pages.  Being only the tip of the proverbial iceberg – If it was her business, she might be dangerous, because there was a true willingness to learn.  I rarely see the Team Leader wanting to build it themselves.  Thinking it is better to hire out – I see a huge mistake made in that model.  Those you hire aren’t you.  You are you and the one the Client wants to hire, not your marketer, or not your web optimizer or Canned blog Content writer.

It has taken me one hell of a learning curve, a lot of reading and self teaching about what works and what does not.  I find that consistency and on topic blogging is about the only “trick” that I know and that I attribute to Santa Clarita Real Estate and The Paris911 team’s Success.

We are always posting, or I should say I am the only author of all of our posts.  Not only a Subject matter in Real Estate – But someone that is not afraid of change or learning something new.

It might take me a while to wrap my mind around some of the new resources that present themselves on the Real Estate Front – but when I do, I become very dangerous as can be attested to by Kinetic Knowledge and other resources that we utilize with our Play it Forward business model.

I am not sure if this nice young lady will be willing to put the work that it takes to get where her boss wants to be.  But if they do they will be heads and tails above where they currently hit on the WWW.

I closed in stating that it is nice that the team leaders take trips, buy new boats and RV’s.  But I am not so sure that others in this world are really excited to be reading about their newest conquest that was had at the hands of a client’s earned commission. 

I finalized that the close should be market expertise and not what vacation I am on or returning from.

As Police Officers, the general public wanted us to get the job done to keep them safe – it was just that sometimes they did not want to see it being done.

I have several pay for blog’s.  They hit like sledge hammers, I have a Square Space and several Lenses from Squidoo – but never ever forsake the Google blog Platform – Blogger – It hits like a 600 ton freight train, when used property and not as a Trick Device to post CRAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment